Getting locked out of your Mac as a result of you may have a damaged keyboard is irritating. The keys aren’t working so you’ll be able to’t enter a password and log in, which suggests you can also’t observe any troubleshooting tricks to repair your keyboard.
On this information, we’ll have a look at two fast methods that may aid you log into your Mac in case your keyboard is not working. let’s get began.
Possibility 1. Log in utilizing a wired keyboard
Most probably, your normal keyboard shouldn’t be connecting correctly to your Mac for some motive. This will occur even in case you are utilizing a MacBook the place the keyboard is bodily hooked up. Here is what you are able to do to unravel this downside:
- Use a wired keyboard: Discover a spare, wired keyboard, plug it into your pc and enter your password to log in. This is applicable to all Macs (together with MacBooks).
- Use Wi-fi Magic Keyboard: In the event you solely have Apple’s Magic Keyboard, plug it into your system such as you would utilizing a USB to Lightning cable whereas charging it, then log in by getting into your password.
For many issues, the quickest method is to make use of a spare keyboard.
Possibility 2. Log in utilizing Accessibility Keyboard
Accessibility Keyboard is a digital, on-screen keyboard that you should use to log into your Mac. Nevertheless, this solely works if the Accessibility shortcut keys are working. Here is the right way to strive it:
- If you’re on the person login display, click on swap person And as a substitute go to the principle login display.
- press Cmd + Possibility + F5 unlock keys accessibility shortcut,
- allow accessibility keyboard Extra keyboard will open from the listing.
- Now, Click on FullDrag the keyboard apart, and open the profile you wish to log into.
- Click on on Digital Keyboard, sort within the password and log in.
Repair Issues With Your Mac Keyboard
Whether or not the strategies above helped you log into your Mac or not, the damaged keyboard must be mounted as quickly as doable. Have you ever tried troubleshooting the issue your self but? There are a selection of issues which will happen along with your keyboard, diagnose and resolve them to keep away from future issues.